Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad's Day- Your Photographic DNA

I can't think of a better rainy Dad's Day morning than to get to some of the personal stuff on the "to do" list. I have been entrusted with the Lee Family archives from the 50's- Dad's Polaroid's mostly- originals that need to be digitized to preserve and share.

I had never noticed this one until this morning and I have flip through the pages of these albums dozens of time. Yes that is me at about 10 weeks the notes say- with Mom and a rare Dad image in the mirror. I can not think of a more appropriate way to honor his memory then to preserve his work. Mom will kill me if I post her swim suit pictures and since I certainly will need her help with all "who is this?" images I will be kind. I will be dedicating most of my 50th anniversary year to practicing what I preach- using the project to educate and motivate those who desire to put the time & effort into their photographic DNA. Preserve before it's too late. -BL

No comments: